The main focus for this Forum was on Access Rights and Forward Looking Charges - building on the work of the Task Forces around initial options for change.
Four questions considered at the Forum:
1. Should there be different access and charging arrangements for household/other small users, compared with larger non-domestic users? Why?
2. What are the advantages/disadvantages of moving from a ‘first come-first served’ basis for allocating capacity, to an auction based approach or other periodic allocation?
3. Are there benefits with having a greater range of network access options available?
4. What changes could be made to improve the cost reflectivity of network charges?
These questions were covered in the February Pre-Forum Podcast for Forum attendees, which you can find here.
The agenda on what was covered on the day of the forum.Agenda
Full Day Content
All the slides from the forum.28 February Forum Slides
An overview of the themes and topics that were discussed at the forum.Summary
Understand the questions being asked in the pre forum podcast then catch up with Jodie Cartwright and Rob Marshall from the Lead Secretariat as they discuss the day's activities and reflect on feedback heard from attendees at Ofgem's afternoon workshop.Pre & Post Forum Podcasts
Questions & Answers
A summary of the questions asked on the day at the EV panel and general panel.Q & A summary
- Andy Burgess, Ofgem
- David Wildash, National Grid System Operator - Lead Secretariat
- Rob Marshall, National Grid System Operator - Lead Secretariat
- Judith Ross, Ofgem
- Stew Horne, Citizen's Advice
- Chris Brown, Ofgem
- Elizabeth Allkins, Ovo Energy
- Steve Halsey, UKPN
- Nick Brooks, OLEV
- James Ingram, TfL
- Nicola Percival, Innogy Renewables UK Ltd
- Jeremy Nicholson, EIUG
- Jon Parker, Ofgem
Recap and milestones
A Charging Futures recap and upcoming milestones presented by Rob Marshall, Lead Secretariat and Judith Ross, Ofgem.Charging Futures Looking Back and Ahead
European policy and regulatory update presented by Andy Burgess, Ofgem.European update, Ofgem
The consumer perspective given by Stew Horne from Citizens Advice.Consumer perspective, Citizens Advice
Access & Forward Looking Charges Workshop
The full deck of slides presented at the Access & Forward Looking Charges Task Force workshop.Access and FLC Workshop Slides
Large Users Break Out
Large users break out session as part of the Access and Forward Looking Charges workshopCharging Futures Workshop Large User Breakout
Household and Domestic Users Breakout
The household and domestic users breakout session as part of the Access and Forward Looking Charges workshop.Charging Futures Workshop Household and Domestic Breakout