All users of the GB electricity network pay to use it in some way. Generators use the network to transport their electricity to where it is needed. Demand users use the network to consume electricity when they need it.
Users of the network pay for use of the distribution and transmission network through four charges:
- Connection charge
- Transmission Network Use of System charge (TNUoS)
- Distribution Use of System charge (DUoS)
- Balancing Services Use of System charge (BSUoS)
Read more about TNUoS, BSUoS and transmission connection charging here
View the PDF version here.
Your charges are calculated according to the charging methodology found in two Industry Codes:
- TNUoS, BSUoS and transmission connection charging methodology can be found in the Connection and Use of System code (CUSC).
- DUoS and distribution connection charging methodology can be found in the Distribution Connection Use of System Agreement (DCUSA).
More detail on balancing services and BSUoS can also be found in the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC)
Need more information?
If there's something you would like to see or you have any questions for our experts, then please let us know at [email protected].